Friday, January 4, 2013

Golden Patchwork - 3/365

Hi my loves!

Lately I have been scouring Pinterest looking for ideas for nail designs and I came across pictures of Erica from Chloe's Nails and I knew my next design would have to be a tape mani. So I went to her site and looked for the perfect tape design. I saw this design and knew that black and gold would look beautiful in this pattern.

I used Orly Liquid Vinyl for a base and then used Zoya Ziv after I had taped off the nail.



Just a side note: Zoya Ziv was thick and goopy when trying to apply to the taped off areas. I would recommend using a polish that is smooth and opaque in one coat when doing tape manicures. I love the color of Ziv and can't wait to try it on its own.

Have you tried a tape mani before?
A quick tip for doing tape manicures is to apply the tape to your hand and pull off a few times before you apply to the nail so it looses some of its tackiness and doesn't pull the base coat up.

Hope you are having a wonderful day and that your new year is starting off to be a good one!

XO,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment