Sunday, January 13, 2013

Elegant Half Moon Manicure - 12/365

Hello love bugs!

I couldn't take off Beyond Cozy just yet so I went looking on Pinterest for a nail art design that included gold glitter polish as a base. I came across a picture of a half moon manicure with white polish and gold glitter moons.  I thought that since Beyond Cozy is not a true gold I shouldn't go with a stark white and I knew then that a pearlescent white would be perfect to play up the silver toned gold glitter. I used Orly Au Champagne as the other half of this design.




How do you think it turned out? Do you like the half moon look? I adore it!

A quick tip for doing half moons is to use reinforcements (you can get them at any store that sells office and school supplies) as a guide for your half moons. They give you a seamless edge that will make your mani look like perfection.

XO,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment