Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Essie Penny Talk - 8/365

Hello love doves!

Penny Talk is from Essie's Mirror Metallics collection. When they first came out I wasn't interested in any of them because I felt I had a similar version of all of them. They didn't seem very unique to me. But every time I was in the store I would pick up Penny Talk but always put it back. I heard all the hype about it and finally decided to purchase it to see if it was worth the hype. I am glad I did! Penny Talk is a beautiful copper shade that is fully opaque in one coat. Here I do not have a top coat on because I prefer the satin-like finish of this metallic.




Some have dubbed this as a rose gold but as the name suggests I would definitely consider this a copper tone. The orange undertones are more prominent than the rosey ones. I still love it though.

A good tip for a manicure on the go is a metallic polish. Any one from the Essie Mirror Metallics collection would be a good choice. They only require one coat and dry very quickly and there is no need for a top coat unless you want to keep the polish on for a long period of time.

What do you think? Are you a fan of metallics? What's your favorite finish? Let me know!

XO,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment